Frequently Asked Questions

What is an EPC?

An EPC - Energy Performance Certificate is an assessment of the energy usage within a property.

What is a DEA?

A DEA - Domestic Energy Assessor is a qualified & registered property professional who will survey the property in order to provide the EPC document.

I'm selling my house privately - do I need an EPC?

If you are marketing your property, even if it's just by putting a 'for sale' sign in the window, you need an EPC - Energy Performance Certificate. (There are some exceptions).

Who compiles EPC's

Sellers of the property can hire estate agents, solicitors or Domestic Energy Assessors (DEA’s) to provide the Energy Performance Certificate which is a legal requirement when selling or renting a house.

How long does it take?

The typical timing can be anything from 1-2 working days, depending on which area you are in.

How can I get an Energy Performance Certificate?

An Energy Performance Certificate can be commissioned as a standalone document. Order via email  - or telephone 07908265817

How long is the EPC valid?

The EPC - Energy Performance Certificate is valid for a maximum of ten years but it will need to be updated if there are any cvhanges to the structure or insulation of the property.

At what stage can marketing begin?

From 4th January 2009 a seller or their agent will have to order the Energy Performance Certificate abefore they put their home or rented property on the market.

DEA Qualifications

DEA's who produce EPC’s are required to be fully qualified & insured. The DEA's have PI cover and each EPC they produce is checked accuracy by their accreditation provider where the results are logged.